Welcome to Woodcote Primary School! It is an absolute pleasure to be the Headteacher of such a vibrant village school. I have been in this post since Easter 2014 and every day find something new that brings a smile of delight to my day.
Woodcote village lies in South Oxfordshire and the school nestles next to Langtree Secondary School where most of our children move on to year 7. We also have the Cabin Pre-school on site and Woodcote Pre-school across the village green and have good links with both of these settings.
- At Woodcote we have high expectations of our pupils, both academically and in their behaviour. Children are provided with many opportunities for developing their potential and are encouraged to take every opportunity they can.
- We believe in the value of trips and working with professional visitors to help bring learning to life. We have been awarded our Bronze Mark from the Council for Learning Outside the Classroom in recognition of the quality, variety and frequency of our trips and visits.
- We are very keen on sport and include swimming, tag rugby, cricket, football, athletics, cross country and dance in our curriculum across both Key Stages and many wider inter-school opportunities. We have a Silver School Active Mark.
- We love music! Every year 4 child is given a clarinet and 30 lessons. They are taught to read music. If they enjoy it and wish to continue, they will have the option to join an orchestra and continue to play on after their year 4 lessons. Year 5 and 6 go annually to the 02 Arena in London to sing with Young Voices Choir.
- We are a committed team who continue to review and evaluate our provision and practice. We will do the very best we can for the pupils in our school to maximise their potential by getting to know each child as an individual, understanding their learning preferences and working with them to achieve their very best.
Please explore our website further. Here we endeavour to give you a flavour of our school but would recommend a visit. It would be a pleasure to show you around our school. If you would like to come and visit us, please book with the office at any time during the year. I look forward to meeting you.
Mrs L. Hunt