- Share books, you can read the words and your child can talk about the pictures and the characters
- Draw pictures about places you have been, things you have seen etc
- Count everyday objects e.g. cars that pass you on the street, how many dogs you see on a walk, children you see in the supermarket
- Make games together and play them e.g. your own themed dominoes or snakes and ladders type games
- Set challenges e.g. by the end of the day can you show me 10 different ways of moving from one side of the garden to the other
- Have a number/letter hunt – hide letters or numbers around the house/garden
- Get a clipboard and do an audit – estimating and counting – how many lights do you think are in our house? How many are there? (count and check)
- Write shopping lists/diaries of your day/letters and cards together.
Remember to have fun with them!